- Human have been using wool as a clothing material since 10,000 BC. It was the later part of the stone age.
2. Vicuña Wool is the most expensive clothing material in the world. It is made out of Peru’s Vicuña sheep’s hair. They are shorn every three years and the process of making a woven cloth is time consuming.
3. Wool does not get any wrinkles.
4. Wool Does not catch fire.
5. wool can keep you warm even if it is wet.
6. Australia is the largest wool producer in the world.
7. Most wool sheared from a sheep in a single shearing is 41.1 kg.
8. Raw wool consists Lanolin, which used in cosmetics and skin care products.
9. Wool is not just used in making clothes but also wool is used in making carpets and upholster work.